Savvy Social Security Planning for Widowed and Divorced
Most people think that claiming strategies are essentially boiled down to claiming early, at retirement age, or late. However, that’s an oversimplification of an incredibly complex concept, because there are over 500 claiming strategies for Social Security!
This workshop features essential information including: spousal and survivor benefits, coordinating retirement benefits, marital status changes and longevity.
Social Security will likely have the single greatest impact on your retirement income. According to the Social Security Agency, 61% of retired workers count on their benefits to provide at least half of their monthly income. It drastically impacts your entire retirement outlook, and affects every area of your finances.
So, do you have the right strategy?
This 2-hour seminar will inform attendees regarding:
- How to read your Social Security Statement and how much Social Security you stand to receive over your lifetime
- When to start your benefit
- Strategies to maximize your benefit
- Strategies to maximize your Spousal benefits from ex-spouse
- Strategies to maximize survivor benefit
- How to select your claiming strategy and reduce taxes on your benefits